So, I’m sure some of you are wondering why the name of this post is “The Liebster Award”. First, let’s look at the word Liebster. Honestly, I didn’t even know what this award was until I looked it up. “Liebster” is a German word meaning “dearest” or “favourite” or to some, “my love”. So, basically, the best loved.
This award has been around for a number of years now, but it seems to be spreading like wild-fire in the Sims community lately. We’re blessed to have an incredible amount of talented writers whether writing for Sims 3 or 4! Honestly, I’m not surprised someone started it. I did try to find who did start it, but I don’t think we’ll ever really know.
So, I am proud to announce that ShannonSimsFan who writes Take Me to the Moon AND SummerFalls who writes many things including The Wonder Child nominated There Goes the Neighborhood for the Liebster Award!
I just recently started reading Shannon’s story. If you haven’t had the chance to read about the Tesla family, then definitely head over there. Shannon’s humor and story telling are fantastic! I actually read for a few hours and couldn’t stop. Thanks, Shannon, for taking the time to nominate my Neighborhood story!
Then, ThePartySim who writes A Graying World and Sim Star Idol AND Blythelyre (Taina) who writes The Torres Legacy nominated the Ramsey Wishacy!
ThePartySim has been reading my wishacy for some time. I’ve read her stories as well and believe me, if you haven’t checked either of them, you’ll want to. I’ve been reading A Graying World as long as she’s been reading mine. Another inspired story-teller who is talented! Thank you, Party, for taking the time to nominate my wishacy! ❤
I’ve read The Torres Legacy for quite some time now. It’s one among a few who inspired me to start my own story. There are a few story-tellers out there who could write a story WITHOUT the pictures from the game. I’ve told her several times that I would read any book she writes. She breathes life into her characters so deeply that I think they are real. If you haven’t had a chance to check out her story, then please do. Make sure you have time, you’ll never want to stop reading. Thank you, my dear, for nominating the Ramsey’s. ❤
ThePartySim started the fun by messaging me on the forums. She told me she had nominated the Ramsey Wishacy on her blog. Of course, I was floored. What? My story? Um, ok, but I’ve barely been blogging it, I thought to myself.
Completely humbled and honored (and I’ll admit excited), I started preparing my post. Then, as I did my beginning writings, I thought “What if someone else nominated me and I didn’t even know it?”. I mean, honestly, it wasn’t about tooting my horn or anything. I just didn’t want to write a super nice post and find I had missed another person. I’d have felt horrible. Honestly, I didn’t expect it, but I searched around, nonetheless.
Uh-oh. Yeah, I had been nominated a week before by ShannonSimsFan for here Goes the Neighborhood. Oh, man! I’m sooo glad I went to look! So, I started including her questions in my post, too.
Then, 12 hours later, I got a message on my Ramsey blog. Taina had nominated the Ramsey Wishacy. Flabbergasted and filled with excitement, I realized, I had some work to do. I apologize in advance for this long post, but I wanted to get it all in one.
I appreciate ShannonSimsFan, ThePartySim and Blythelyre (Taina) for nominating me! Thank you all so much! It’s an honor! ❤
Accepting the reward has responsibilities attached with it, which I gladly accept.
- Put the award on your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 5 to 11 other blogs
- Answer the 11 questions that were asked
- Then ask the people you nominate, 11 questions
Due to both of my stories being nominated, I’ve decided that I’ll have two different sets of nominations: Sims 3 & Sims 4 stories. Since both of my stories are two different Sims games, I feel that is reasonable. I hope that’s ok. If not, then oh, well, this is my blog. ; )
I’ve spent all week putting this together. I haven’t even touched my stories…not even to edit photos. I’m sure some would say I’ve worked far too much on it, but I would not. These are all stories that are special to me in some way, and I want to show them off. I know some have already been nominated, but many others haven’t. All are amazing writers and story-tellers. I hope you are able to take the time to visit their blogs.
My Nominations for Sims 3 stories (in no particular order)
1. The Janes Legacy by mfb426 – I’ve been reading it little by little. The drama and intrigue have me hooked leaving no doubt that I will continue until the end. It’s a finished 10 generation story, so if you read it, block out some time to do so.
2. Listening to My Heart by sandybeachgirl – I started reading this story over a year ago. She is one, of a few, who over the last year has inspired my writing. Her talents are great and I’d read her stories without pictures too (well, kind of…lol…whew!). She takes risks and ends up with big rewards. She also has two side stories that sometimes overlap her main story. I greatly appreciate her support, in the past when I first started to now, as we both continue down our blogging paths.
3. All My Wishes by buckeyegirl80 – She is the originator of the Wishacy and the reason I started my own. She hasn’t finished it, but she’s gotten to the beginning of Gen 7. Her humor and the way she puts together each chapter (around the wishacy game play) is brilliant! A simple, yet fun read!
4. The Simm Legacy by SimMadMeg – This story has been one that I can’t stop reading. Twists and turns you’ll never see coming will have you on the edge of your seat. It’s still an ongoing story, and one you won’t want to miss.
5. The Monroe Legacy by sneakysnoo (Rose Eaton) – This story is one I was hooked on from the beginning. I couldn’t wait for the next chapter to come out. I know I told sneaky I would be patient, but sometimes I was definitely a little antsy. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
6. Primrose Legacy of Wishes by whitewaveldc – Yes, it’s another wishacy, but one that inspired me, too. The writer does a wonderful job weaving things into the story and making it such page turner. Due to its nature, it’s another easy read.
7. Alissa by glagreg (Daisie) – This blog is one I stumbled upon a year and a half ago. Long before I even knew simlit existed. It’s an intense story which had me on the edge of my seat chapter after chapter. I couldn’t get enough.
8. Blink of an Eye, The Compound, and Echoes of Eternity by LateKnightSimmer (NewToTheSims) – All three of these stories are their own. The writer has done a phenomenal job with the characters, plot and photos. I can’t just choose one, so I choose all of them. 😉 My fav is definitely Blink of an Eye, but the other two are just as entertaining and well written. The writer supported me when I first started writing and continues to this day.
9. The Second Time Around by AllyoftheRain – This story is only one generation, so pretty short. However, in that time, the writer really puts on a show with words. I loved every minute of it and the ending was excellent as well.
10. The Ravenwood Legacy by nerogaffling (AliciaRain) – A supernatural story that had me within the first few chapters. Sometimes I couldn’t stop, so…I didn’t. Ha! Anyway, another excellent story from a talented Simmer.
Keeping Procrastination at Bay – by K. Drillien – This is my sister’s blog. She has already written one book (self-published) and is working on her second with a few more possibilities lined up after that. There are four girls in my family. Three of us have been editing the second book via Skype every week since Aug 2014. During the winter, we also got together once a month to edit (around 10-12 hours each time). The fourth sister would like to help, but she’s a busy Mom of three. 😀
Mostly, her blog is just to help her be “accountable” to something. It helps her stay motivated. Sometimes we need that, especially on a large project you may undertake. Her book’s genre is speculative fiction. I’ve learned a lot doing this with her and along the way, I’ve been reminded of things I’d forgotten since school days (technical jargon).
NON-BLOG (just recognition of a fantastic read from the forums)
CK213’s Favorite Tales & Simming Moments by CK213 – He is the true inspiration behind why I started telling my story. I loved the simple, yet humorous way he explored every single expansion and stuff pack. He even has a Sims 4 thread to show how he’s exploring it. I enjoyed his honesty and whit as he wove his way to the end. Obviously, he doesn’t have a blog, but to me, he’s still an amazing story-teller and builder!
Party’s questions (based on the Ramsey Wishacy):
1. Sims has a lot of quirky things that aren’t possible in real life. If you could choose one thing (for example, traveling to the future) what would you choose? Well, this is easy. If you’ve been a sim fan for a long time (or even a short time), you’ve already thought about this. I would want to enable testing cheats. Then, my needs could always be full and I could get some extra money whenever I wanted. Those all take up too much time and I would rather be writing, working on editing photos or my story, spending time with family, playing my games, and helping others.
2. Name one NPC in any town that you’d like to be best friends with, and explain why. Bella Goth. She’s gorgeous, influential, rich and much more. She could definitely be helpful in living life to the fullest. 😉
3. Legacy/isbi/plotted story etc….what is your favorite sims challenge and why? Wishacy is still my top fav. It’s a challenge to write a story based on what happens in the game.
4. If you could be a berry sim, would you? (Colorful sims with food names): If I could be a sim at all, wouldn’t I? Absolutely. (Because I said yes to this, I’ll probably have a dream tonight that I become a sim.) Probably only for a limited time, though. I’d cost a lot.
5. Quick, you’re trapped in an elevator with five sims from your last chapter. Who are they and what would most likely happen? hehe, I’m mixing this with 3 & 4.
a. London – he’d be interesting to talk to with all the things he’s gone through
b. Esmeralda – I’d love to hear here play her songs
c. Luke – before he dies, he’s my favorite because he’s so cute
d. Mrs Brown – she can be my maid – I’ve always wanted a plumbot
e. Justine – can’t help it, she’s my first sim in a blog
Now, what would happen, what would happen….hmmm… Well, I’d have my purse and since I can be somewhat of a prepared person, I’d probably have a deck of cards (possibly 2). Since I need to be entertained, I’d say we’d probably all sit down, play cards and hang out until help arrived.
6. Is writing only a hobby of yours or do you plan on making a career out of it? Only a hobby (though I wish I had more time to do it). I don’t think I’m good enough to write for more than Sims.
7. More sims questions because I think its fun. If you could MARRY any of your sims, who would it be and why? Answer would have to be Marvin (London’s dad). He’s a hottie. If you don’t believe me, then go here.
8. Why do you write? Mostly because I like to tell stories and share what happens in my game. I want others to see the humor and fun that I see.
9. Your favorite thing about the simming/writing community (Let’s spread some positivity)? All the support!!! ❤ In both Sims 4 and Sims 3 story areas. I love how we read each others stories (when we all get time…lol), help with ideas if we need help and lots of other things, too. Obviously, we’re all spreading the love around with the Liebster, right?!
10. How would you feel if you found out you were a video game character and someone was controlling and documenting your life? (If you put it like that…LOL): Probably like Jim Carrey’s character in The Truman Show. I truly enjoy my freedom, so I think I’d feel like him: ready to get out. Of course, then I’d probably feel paranoid after I got out.
11. Finally, any upcoming spoilers you want to share in your story? 😉 Hmmm….well, I guess I can share that in the Ramsey Wishacy, London and Es finally have a boy! Nothing else, though. 😉
Taina’s questions (based on the Ramsey Wishacy):
1) The scene you love the most from your story and why it’s your favorite. My absolute favorite scene (if I have to choose) is probably when Justine is at her house on her first night in town. While she slept, a burglar breaks into her house. To this day, I still find it very humorous.
2) A character you wish you’d never created. If I were to be honest, it’d be London. I came EVER so close to changing his skintone to a regular color. But, after talking it over with my sister, I got the bright idea I could do something with the blue skin.
I kept weighing it back and forth (enough to probably drive my sister crazy). I knew if I chose to keep the blue skin, he’d win hands down (the Gen 2 heir vote). However, I didn’t know if I was a good enough writer to handle the blue skin. I wanted the story to continue to be an uplifting story without too much conflict. In the end, I chose to keep it, but I’ve felt completely inadequate ever since, especially since it takes me longer to put out chapters.
3) How did your story come to pass? Did you write it on purpose or was it a happy accident? Um, both, I guess. Accident at first since it was a wishacy and I wrote what happened in the game. However, as Justine went to college, the need kept arising to add more drama based on the developments in the game. The challenge continued as life happened at the Ramsey house.
Last year in November, I decided to write for NaNoWriMo. I’m really not a writer, but I gained more confidence from my wishacy and the challenges it had brought. So, I thought I’d give it a try. Suddenly after 70,000 words in one month, London and Es had a life outside of the game. So, now their life was written with purpose as well.
4) Would you ever think about publishing your story? No way. Well, technically, parts of it will be “published” on my blog, but never for a real book. The “novel” was always intended for the wishacy blog.
5) How does your writing process begin? Do you have a routine, a schedule or does it just flow whenever? It flows whenever I have time, energy, and pictures. I’m still basing it on a wishacy with parts of my story thrown in.
6) What is the weirdest plot idea you’ve ever had? The one with London currently.
7) Does your family/friends support your writing? Somewhat, I guess. It isn’t like they are outright against it or for it. My sisters are definite supporters, and, most importantly, my husband who lets me sit almost every night at my computer. ❤
8) Did you always want to write? I’ve always had a thought that it would be fun to write a book. I don’t know if it’s what I would call a dream, though. After all the writing I do, I feel like it’s definitely more of a hobby. I’m not sure I could do it full time.
9) Happily-ever-after or no? Happily-ever-after, of course
10) Name a character from another story you would like to make an appearance in your own. Not fair….too many to choose. I suppose if I must choose, it would be Carson Davila. Everyone who’s read his story (Listening to My Heart listed above) knows why.
11) If you had to start all over again, would you change anything about your story? If so, what? Well, I’d like to say yes since I’m a perfectionist. However, the answer is truly no. I wouldn’t be where I am today if I changed something. I’ve never even re-read my past chapters. I know for a fact that if I did, I’d find mistakes or little things I would need to tweak. I want to move forward. I like seeing other writers blogs from when they began and then watch how they grew. It’s inspiring!
My Nominations for Sims 4 stories (in no particular order)
1. Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May by Rachel Rosebud – This is a story that continues to inspire me to do my Neighborhood story. The wittiness and the fun time the writer has are just a few things that make me continue going back. She’s also a fantastic builder (one of her builds is even in my story).
2. Goofy Love Legacy by CathyTea – A very fun, simple yet hilarious read. I love the writer’s sense of humor and throughout it all, it was enjoyable, yet goofy. I guess the goofy is evident, but I just wanted to confirm that. 😉
3. Uncertainty Principle by Starwing6 (enkeli63) – Air of mystery? Check Twists and Turns? Check Lovable characters? Check This story has it all. You’ll love reading and trying to uncover it all as you move through each chapter.
4. The Wonder Child by SummerFalls – I’ve read this story since SummerFalls started writing it. I think it’s a good read with some secrets tantalizing us as well. It’s based on a type of challenge and he definitely has made it his own. He’s also a talented builder (a few houses of his are in my story as well)!
5. Ana Pringle by Carewren123 – This is a story I literally just started reading. I’ve enjoyed it from the beginning. It’s a sweet story about a woman who just wants to have a bunch of kids to love. She yearns for someone to share it with, too, but also fears commitment. I also enjoy Carewren123’s builds and sims. She’s a multi-talented Simmer!
6. Pruett Family Legacy and Discovering Juliana by Jes2G – I started reading the Pruett’s first and they were fantastic! I loved Jes’ writing style and humor! Then, the other day, I began reading Juliana’s story. Just arrows through my heart amazing (not sure that description even makes sense). Trust me, they are both ones you don’t want to miss!
7. The Payne Legacy by cmbaker16 – This an online friend who has a sense of humor similar to mine. So, legacy with a twist of sarcasm and funnies. It’s an easy read and simple in nature, but sometimes I just can’t stop pushing “Next” at the bottom.
8. The Willow’s Way by DavidMCSessy (Martymor) – A humorous comic that will make you laugh out loud. Perhaps a few moments of sadness, too. It’s a fairly easy read since it’s a comic strip, so sit back and enjoy!
9. The Price Legacy by Southernbelle1283 – Another legacy, but you know me by now, there is more to it then just the challenge. It has sarcasm, humor and more. Another well told story in our Sim World.
10. Ripples in Paradise by Kaleeko – Another comic story by a talented simmer. Technically, it starts in Sims 3, but then the writer moved the story to Sims 4. The move went seamlessly and life for the family continued without a hitch. A very light-hearted and easy read.
Shannon’s questions for her nominations (based on There Goes the Neighborhood)
1. What’s you all-time favorite place in the world? (If you don’t feel comfortable giving the location, just a description). My home, probably. I’ll admit I’m somewhat of a homebody, especially when the kids and hubby are away. The quiet helps me to concentrate on writing and coming up with ideas.
2. Who is your favorite, non-sims author? Unfair question. I have TOO many to count. Currently, though, I’d say one of my all-time favorite authors is Terri Blackstock.
3. When did you start playing Sims? Back during Sims 1
4. What is your favorite part of playing or blogging sims? Telling the story. I get a kick out of what happens in the game. I love to share that humorous side of the story.
5. What is your least favorite part of playing or blogging sims? The time it takes to put it all together.
6. Where do you find/get inspiration for your blog’s characters? Other stories, the game, real life people and myself
7. What about the setting, how did you come up with the imaginary aspects of your sims’ world? The community and my imagination. I asked everyone for their sims and then I dug for hours on the Gallery looking for just the right houses, community lots and other sims to put into my neighborhoods.
8. How did you decide to start blogging about your game? Well, I hadn’t really seen a story that was from the writer’s perspective. So, I thought it’d be fun to write without having to think too deeply about the characters thought process. I figured it’d be a fun, easy side thing when I need a break from my other story. I didn’t realize the effort and time that it would take, though. Sometimes, I’m a bit overwhelmed by the hole I’ve put myself in. However, I’m still having fun, so I don’t want to quit. That’s what is most important in my mind.
9. Do you know any simmers in your everyday life, or just online? My sister and a friend at work. They both are ones I can bounce ideas off of and in general, talk about game play. Sometimes I even give them spoilers because I can’t contain it inside.
10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being completely), how freaked out are you when the power/internet go out and you can’t play or read or write about sims? (I’m about a six, this happened last week!) I’d be a 10 at first, but then I’d get back to reality because I have a husband and kids who rely on me. So, it’d turn into a 4’ish.
11. All-time favorite sims moment? This is a toughie. I have a lot. Probably what sticks out most to me is when London was born in my Sims 3 wishacy story. It surprised me so much that I laughed on and off for a while after. I even called my sister because I had to share with someone. Also, when Justine got burglarized on her first night. Too funny!
My questions to my nominees:
1. When you write, do you choose the computer or paper/pen?
2. Do you write your story ahead of time, then take photos (if you have any)? Or do you take photos, then write?
3. What made you want to start writing? A book? Life? A person? Other?
4. What’s a country you’ve always wanted to visit?
5. Outside of the Sims, what’s another favorite game you play?
6. When you become disinterested in your story/characters, what do you do?
7. When you write, do you prefer quiet or noise in the background?
8. If everyone stopped coming to your blog, would you continue to write and share?
9. Do you have a routine for reading other blogs, like reading until your caught up on one, then moving to the next one? Or do you enjoy reading little bits of many stories?
10. Do you keep a notepad & pen/phone/tablet by your bed for those late night ideas? If so, do you actually get up and write them down?
11. When you write, do you just do a quick glance and post? Or do you take a day or two or more and proofread, move things around, delete, re-write, etc, etc?
Thanks again to ShannonSimsFan, ThePartySim and Blythelyre (Taina) for nominating my stories! Our community is amazing and I appreciate the support!
Of course, when I thought I had everyone, I was wrong. SummerFalls has also nominated There Goes the Neighborhood. Thank you so much, Joel!! ❤ I went ahead and answered his questions below.
- What inspired you to write in the first place? Other writers/blogs, my sister, the game
- What one item would you take with you if you were stranded on a deserted island? chapstick (has to be ChapStick Moisturizer ONLY)
- What’s your favourite tv show to date? NCIS
- How are you feeling today? Excellent! Excited about life, stories, and a 3 day weekend!
- Do you play non-simming games? If so, what ones? I LOVE all the Nancy Drew PC games. I own the majority of them. Also, I had a friend send me a free code for Life is Strange, so I play that off and on.
- It’s Saturday Night and you’ve been invited to a party. What’s the first thing you think about? (E.G What to wear, how to get there etc.) I have friends?? Hehehe…just kidding. Um, my first thought would be how to get rid of my kids for the night. lol
- What’s your lucky number? don’t have one (is that unlucky?)
- If you could be any animal, which one would you be and why? cat – freedom to explore, sleep all day and eat
- How many books do you own? An easy 500 (not kidding) – however, a lot are smaller books. I have TONS of inspirational romance. lol
- What’s the last dream you remember? I don’t actually remember, which is interesting since I usually dream often.
- Odd number equals odd question. Spots or Stripes? stripes (they make you look thinner) – then, the question is: blue/black or white/gold?